The Optilab MIOC-1550-SB is the key component of Fiber Optic Gyroscope (FOG) for rotational rate sensing and inertial navigation systems. This Integrated Optic Chip (IOC) device is composed of a polarizer, a Y-junction coupler and dual electro optic phase modulators. Based on Lithium Niobate (LiNbO3), MIOC-1550-SB is fabricated with High Temperature Proton Exchange (HTPE) optical waveguides.The MIOC-1550-SB features Polarization Extinction Ratio (PER) exceeding 60 dB that can minimize bias drift which results from polarization crosstalk induced non-reciprocity. The MIOC-1550-SB assures high reliability and performance over wide temperature range.
Volume pricing available, as well as customization upon request, please contact Optilab for more details.
- 1550 +/- 20 nm operation
- PM input and output port
- Polarization extinction ratio > 60 dB
- Low Vπ voltage, 4 V
- Polarization crosstalk < -20 dB
- Low insertion loss, 3.5 dB
- Unpackaged chip available
- Fiber Optic Gyroscope (FOG)
- Fiber Optic Current Sensor (FOCS)
- Hydrophone and other optic sensitive fields
- Research and development