The Optilab MIOC-1550-SP is the key component of Fiber Optic Gyroscope (FOG) for rotational rate sensing and inertial navigation systems. This Integrated Optic Chip (IOC) device is composed of a polarizer, a Y-junction coupler and dual electro optic phase modulators. Based on Lithium Niobate (LiNbO3), MIOC-1550-SP is fabricated with Proton Exchange (PE) optical waveguides. The MIOC-1550-SP features Polarization Extinction Ratio (PER) exceeding 60 dB that can minimize bias drift which results from polarization crosstalk induced non-reciprocity. The MIOC-1550-SP assures high reliability and performance over wide temperature range and is fiber pigtailed (input/output) with 80um fiber.
Volume pricing available, as well as customization upon request, please contact Optilab for more details.
- 1550 ± 20 nm operation
- PM input and output port
- Low insertion loss 3.5 dB
- Polarization extinction ratio > 60 dB
- Low Vπvoltage 4V
- Polarization crosstalk < -20 dB
- Unpigtailed chip available
- PM 80um fiber pigtails
- Designed for integration into FOG
- Fiber Optic Gyroscope (FOG)
- Fiber Optic Current Sensor (FOCS)
- Hydrophone and other optic sensitive fields
- Research and development